Monday, February 8, 2010

On Family

7 dinner plates, 7 dessert plates, 3 little bowls, 6 glasses, 2 pairs of chopsticks, 15 forks, 5 spoons, 8 butter knives, 2 tupperware containers, 3 serving plates, 2 kitchen knives, 1 ladle, 3 ride spoons, 1 salad bowl, 1 cake tin, 2 cutting boards, 1 cake knife, and 1 set of tongs, and that's not including the pots and pans, which (thankfully) were washed earlier. All washed, dried, and put away. *Sigh of relief*

Oh, having a large family can be SO much fun when you're the only one washing dishes (not!). And this is a *normal* dinner for us, we have been known to use even more! I love my family, I really do, but sometimes I think about how nice it would be to just have three, or even four of us. Having only a few dishes at night to wash, not having to wait in line to use the clothes washer/dryer on the weekends, being able to back the car out of our crowded, driveway without worrying about hitting Mom's new car... that would be nice! Although, I think I would miss my huge family. There are eight of us in total, and though we have our arguments, it's so much fun to sit down for dinner every night and talk about whatever comes across our minds. And I love that there is *always* someone to talk to, at nearly any time of day or night. I guess there are some benefits to having a large family, and, as the old saying goes, "you can't choose your family," so I guess I'll be happy with what I've got =)

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment