I know, I know, it's been four months between updates, but hey, that's better than the 11 months last time, right? ;)
There have been some interesting developments over the past few months, but I guess I'll start where I always do:
School:
Simply put, senioritis is kicking my @$$! I'm not doing as well as I usually do in the classes that are my best subjects, but I am doing very well in my usual "worse" subjects, so it's an interesting conundrum. I think that I'm just finished with high school, and cannot WAIT to get to Duke and begin taking classes that I really want to take.
There is one class that is a LOT of fun though - I'm taking a Shakespeare Stage and Page class, which is a mixture between literary analysis and dramatic performance, and is an absolute blast. There are only eight of us in the class, but we all know each other well and have become a very close-knit community. As a class, we took a weekend trip up to Ashland's Shakespeare Festival, which was SO much fun, both bonding even more with the class and seeing the incredible plays (The Imaginary Invalid and Measure for Measure).
On another note, college acceptances have come out for all of my friends, and it is SUCH an exciting time as they are choosing where they will spend the next four years. I am still so glad that I went ED to Duke, but am truly enjoying living vicariously through my friends as they go through a difficult decision process :)
Friends:
SO SO SO SO SO MUCH BETTER! Things are back to "normal" I guess, or even better than they used to be. T and I have gotten a LOT closer over the past few months, between our Shakespeare class together and doing the upper school musical (which I'll talk about in a bit). I am so glad that we've gotten over the impasse, and have really enjoyed being able to talk to her. We've had some really good, deep conversations in the past few weeks, which just makes me really happy. H, R, and V are fantastic as well, though I hardly see V at the lunch table any more.
Riding:
LH is a goddess. Not even exaggerating. And that's all I'll say for this section (well, and I'll add that I absolutely LOVE F!)
Musical:
This year, the Upper School Musical was Urinetown, which I co-stage managed. It was a phenomenal show, and I had so much fun working on it with the amazing, incredible, talented cast. On the closing performance on Sunday, six seniors (including T, H, V, and I) took our final bows on our school's stage, which was an emotional experience to say the least.
I'll probably update again after APs are over, because then I will be (virtually) DONE WITH HIGH SCHOOL!
Love love love,
E
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment