Wednesday, December 2, 2009

You Have to Know When to Stop

I know I said I would update after Thanksgiving, but I've just been so busy (even during the 5-day weekend)!

Thanksgiving was a lot of fun, as it always is =) On Friday, I worked/rode all day (and made $60, not too shabby!), and then on Saturday, I wrote the entire eight pages of my profile project (remember the one about the woman with the really interesting story?). On Sunday, I rode some more and finished up the rest of my homework, which included studying for a completely irrelevant test (after a five-day weekend too!).

Monday marked the beginning of tech week for the Pantomime, and the first time I've ever designed lights myself! It was very exciting, and if I say so myself, the lights look quite good. Unfortunately, tech week means I don't get home until 9:30 or 10:00p. After rehearsal is over, I don't feel like doing anything, least of all homework, so that has definitely been on the back burner this week. Of course, this is one of the more difficult weeks academics-wise (with finals in just two weeks!), so it's been hard to juggle everything.

In addition, Friday is my father's 50th birthday (as well as the opening night of the Pantomime), and we are planning a huge party, so I have been working hard on that as well.

It's only Wednesday, and I'm just beat. From being at school for over thirteen hours, to sleeping only a few hours so that I have time to do homework and all the other stuff that I need to do, this week seems like it has gone on forever. Also, being me, I just can't say "no" to people when they ask me for things, which just makes me overloaded, and even more grumpy/stressed.

I guess I've learned over the past two weeks that I have to know when enough is enough. I like to be a part of so many things (play, pantomime, school, clubs, riding, work, musicals, etc), that I don't have enough time for anything. Though I can't put a stop to anything now (with opening for Panto just two days away), I know that next year, if I decide to light the Pantomime again, I have to let go of a few others things.

Funnily enough, though I know my plate is full, I am very seriously considering trying out for the musical in the spring, which will be my first *ever* production (and will add many more hours of rehearsal to my schedule). I'm very nervous already, but I think it will be a lot of fun. Of course, that will mean that I will have to sacrifice something else, but I'm not sure what...

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment