Monday, November 23, 2009

It Feels Like It's Been So Long!

Sorry for not updating sooner, but I've been incredibly busy. Just a few notes on what's been happening over the past few weeks.

Friends: T and I made up! Thank goodness, I was going crazy after not being able to talk to her for 2 weeks! It was a very low-key reconciliation, but I think it was good for our friendship as we had never fought before, and I, at least, realized exactly how much our friendship means to me.

School: School has been just as busy as before, but it's becoming more manageable, or I'm getting more efficient, not sure which! I'm very excited for this weekend, as it's a five-day weekend because of Thanksgiving! Of course, I have a huge paper and test on Monday, but I'll enjoy the weekend until I need to start homework =) Oh, and I just have to say, I am so thankful to my teachers who gave me extensions on tests and projects because of the play (see below), I don't think I could have survived if I hadn't gotten the extensions!

Other: As I have done for the past few years, I teched the play at my school. The first time, I ran follow-spot, the second time, the light board, and this time, I helped design lights! It's always a really fun experience (despite the little sleep you get doing tech rehearsals and shows), and I love being able to see the show five, six, or even seven times, especially when it's a show as good as the one this past weekend. I also got a lot closer with many of the theater people, which I really enjoyed, and spent Saturday night at the amazing cast party!

Kind of relating to the last, I'm also designing lights for our second annual pantomime, which opens in just two short weeks! This does mean another tech week, and more long hours with not enough time to do homework, but pantomime is always super fun =)

That's it for now - I'm sure I'll update again after Thanksgiving. Have a very happy Thanksgiving!

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment